I’m Guro, and this is my first post in this reflective journal.
So let me introduce myself!
I’m Guro and I’m 29 years old. I live in Molde, but my heart lives in Oslo, where I lived and studied from 2012 to 2017.
I have always been into creative hobbies.
- I have 2 years of Interior Design education, a bit of Interactive Design and a year of fashion and sewing.
- In 2018, I made a stack of tea towels, using my mother’s loom.
- I know how to make a basic website, using HTML and CSS.
- I have a passion for Minecraft and The Sims-games, in which I usually focus on making things look nice and decorative.
- I currently own 17 different coloring books (for grown-ups).
- In the recent months, I’ve also taken an interest to watercolor painting.
- I started playing with digital design when I was about 13-14, when MSN groups was popular and everyone was making their own layouts. I started out using Paint Shop Pro, but transcended to Adobe Photoshop a couple of years later.
- I’ve been experimenting with Adobe Illustrator a while, but decided to kick into another gear over Christmas, and have seen my skills improve since then.
I wanted to study graphic design, because I would like to gain proper skills and knowledge that might be difficult to acquire by myself. Getting this education might also open up new job opportunities at companies that look for employees with a formal education.